Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Father's Day

 
On Father's Day we had a major brisket event at our house.  For those of you who don't know, Kevin is a master at smoking beef brisket.  People come out of the woodwork when a brisket party is announced!  
( :  We had it planned the week before, but the weather didn't cooperate so we moved it to Father's Day.  I'm glad we did because it could not have been a better day.  We had my dad and Stacie (with Reagan and Cole), Shannon and Matt, Matt's mom and dad Barbara and Paul, Matt's sister Rachel and her husband John (with Collin & Ethan), Kevin's mom and dad, Grandma, Jeff & Maria (newly engaged!), Jared & Sammy.  The food was great and the company was even better.  Since I've been behind on my blog I didn't get to do a timely Father's Day post.  So, I want to tell my Dad how much I love him.  He is the GREATEST Dad!  He has been there to support me at every event in my life.  He is always so much fun.  He still continues to tease me just as much now as he did when I was little--and of course I love it!   He is an awesome "Big Daddy" to my kids and they love him just as much as I do.  I LOVE YOU DAD!!!!
I also can't forget my awesome father-in-law.  He is the most giving, loving person.  He would do anything for anyone.  We can count on him for anything.  My kids absolutely adore him and he is such an amazing grandpa.  Love you Gary!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

SteveMax said...

Rachel - thank-you for your kind comments. Yes, teasing you is something that will continue - it's just so much fun! After all, you were my first little baby - and still are, Love, Dad.

Stacie said...

What a great time we had just kickin' it with you guys on Father's Day. It was also great to have you at the Petersen farewell and get together - what a group!!!! Thanks for all you do!!!!