So, I'm not one that likes to brag or toot my own horn (other than with my close family members), but for the sake of journaling and my personal history, I figured I better blog about my latest accomplishment. Last night I FINALLY hit my weight goal at Weight Watchers! As I now go on the maintenance program I would like to lose a few more, but as of now I've lost
48.2 lbs. It was a long, frustrating road, but TOTALLY worth it. It took me 1 year and 8 months to lose it. In a way I'm embarrassed it took me so long, but a couple of months ago my brother-in-law Matt pointed out that it doesn't matter because I've stuck with it and never gave up (thanks Matt!). So, for that I'm proud of myself. Other than now being able to find cute clothes in a "normal" store (a huge perk), I also have way more energy, I am happier in all aspects of my life, I am definitely healthier, and I have found a new love of exercise. I used to HATE exercising, but I knew I couldn't lose this weight without it, so I forced myself into a daily routine and now I can't go without it. It is my stress reliever, my energy boost, and my confidence builder. I LOVE it! I also have to put in a plug for Weight Watchers. For anyone who needs to lose weight (a little or a lot), it is the best program out there. You eat normal food and they teach you how to lose weight at a healthy pace and keep it off. It is a healthy, balanced way of life--not a diet! Also, thanks to my wonderful husband for supporting me. He never once complained about the extra cost or my time away for meetings. He stuck it out with me and encouraged me every step of the way. Thank you also to all of my family and friends who helped me and supported me. I couldn't have done it without all of you!
Above is the "before" picture. Stockton was 2 months old and I had begun my journey.
This is me today. The old me is back! ( :



21 comments:
Rachel, you're fabulous. And you always have been. I have admired you for a long time, and it makes me so happy to see you reach a goal you've been working for so long to achieve. Now you're one of my idols...people to remember when things get hard for me. My plan is to return to WW as soon as the second phase of Thrive is done. I'm having a hard time with the lack of balance in the plan (so much protien!) When I'm doing WW, I usually do pretty well (at least 20 lbs each of the 5 times I've done it LOL)
NICE WORK!
Congrats! You are awesome. I hate the idea of dieting so I admire that you are willing to do it and stick with it. You look WOW! by the way.
Rachel, you are awesome! I am so excited for you. I remember when I got to my goal weight after having Lily, it was about the happiest day of my life. I'm not looking forward to having to go through that again, but I can't wait to feel healthy and energetic again. You look fabulous!!!
Congratulations!! You look amazing!! Very inspiring! That is such an accomplishment! Brag all you want, you deserve it.
I agree - brag it up baby!!!! You look so great (your Dad has commented on it a hundred times) and you should be proud. WW works ! We are so happy for you!!!!
You look great! Congrat's on your journey! You have inspired me!
You look so good. I was so impressed when I saw you in Oct. Great job!!!! And I really should try to stick to their plan once lol. Not that I really need to lose.. but I want like the last 5 off.. and dang they are stubborn.
You look awesome!! You'll have to let me know your secret, my scale just keeps going up.
Good job Rach! You're so cute and tiny.
Rachel, you look FABULOUS!! I am so proud of you! I still have 20 to go...hopefully it will come off quick.
p.s...I highly enjoy the easter egg stuck on your thumb. :)
OH MY WORD! 48 POUNDS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! That is awesome! You deserve a MAJOR shopping spree. I mean Major sister! You look FANTASTICO!
I am so proud of you. Wow--almost 50 pounds. When we all went to dinner a month or so ago I was thinking you looked awesome!! Congrats!
Way to go! I admit, I teared up a little reading this one. . .I'm so proud of you! :)
You are even more beautiful than you were before. Very inspiring, now I know who to come to for advice. I went back on WW 4 days ago and it really is the only way to lose weight. You should be proud you deserve all the praise you get. It is a long hard road and you can only do it for yourself.
Rachel-You are one hot mama!! I know how hard it is to lose the baby wieght and you are awesome!!! Kevin is very lucky to have such a hot wife!!!
Way to go! That's awesome and you look great!
rachel you look AMAZING! you are such an inspiration. i have been hanging on to this yucky 15 pounds pretty much ever since i had ruby. now i'm determined that i really can lose it...thanks for sharing your story! seriously, you are incredible! what a wonderful acomplishment!
Looking good! Congrats!
Great job! You look awesome. All that hard work paid off!!!
You are so awesome!!!! You are my hero because you actually stick to it! I can't even do if for a week. You look great:)
Post a Comment