Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A day of firsts....

Yesterday was such a warm and WINDY day that Kevin decided to take the kids to fly kites. They stopped in at Walmart and found kites for $1.00 each! Both kids picked out their own kites and they headed to the park. I was at home cooking dinner when I received a text to "COME QUICK!" to the park by our house. So, I hopped in the car and found both kids flying their kites. It was so cute! We tried to find Anistyn a kite last year, but we couldn't find a simple one that was easy for her fly on her own. So, this year both kids had their first kite flying experience. What a great Dad they have to experience so many "firsts" with them!



Look close, you can see the kites!

Yesterday was also Stockton's first experience with Bandaids. I was kind of surprised when I realized he had never had to use a Bandaid before because he is constantly falling, hitting his head, shutting his fingers in drawers, etc etc. I was beginning to think he was indestructible! When they were leaving to go get kites, Anistyn accidently shut his hand in the door. It cut up two of his fingers pretty good. Also, for the first time, we had Anistyn crying because she hurt her brother. I guess it's not too sad for her when she pushes him or hits him!
Stockton checking out the damage


So sad!!!

I'm sure we will have lots of "firsts" this year. Can't wait to see what's next!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Seriously - his first time for a band aid? He is superman. We've had lots around here :(

Shannon said...

He has THE BEST SAD face.. nobody can beat Stocktons sad face... so cute!

ashley said...

I am proud to say that wyatt has yet to receive his first bandaid, it amazes me! I love the kites, I wanted to go do that the other day.