For Kevin's birthday, I surprised him with a night downtown! My mom was wonderful to come watch our kids so that we could go. I booked a room at the Hilton (one of our favorites) and kept it a surprise all week (if you know me, you know that this is a HUGE feat on my part). I told him about 30 minutes before we left that I had our bags packed and my mom would be there soon to watch the kids. He was so surprised and excited! We checked into our hotel and headed to the Blue Iguana for dinner (also one of our favs). We then headed to the Gateway where we blew some time at Barnes and Noble and then headed to the movies. The next morning we worked out at the hotel gym and headed to The Little America for breakfast (our absolute favorite). It was so nice to get away and we had such a great time.
On Sunday (his actual birthday), he was privileged to ordain his brother Jeff with the Melchizedek priesthood. What a great birthday present for Kevin to be able to do this. We were so proud of Jeff and how far he's come this year! Kevin didn't want a family birthday party since he wanted Sunday to be about Jeff and his accomplishment. However, we did go to his mom's for dinner, which, of course, included birthday cake. ( :
Here are a couple cute pics of Daddy with his two munchkins on his birthday:
Happy Birthday Kev! Thanks for all that you do for our family and for me. You are my best friend and I love you more each year!
4 comments:
I adore that last picture!!!!! You can tell what a loved daddy he is! How fun to sneak him away for his birthday. What an awesome wife you are!!!!
Yes - Happy Birthday Kev. Sounds like it was a great day!
Oh rachel!! Surprises are the best. I'm horrible at them. We both are... we always end up opening all gifts at 12:01. Nice job!
Looks like you guys had tons of fun!
Post a Comment