Tuesday, May 11, 2010

First time before first grade....

Yesterday I was able to go experience Anistyn's first time eating in the cafeteria at school. They wanted the Kindergartners to experience the school lunch before they start first grade. They invited the parents and younger siblings to come along too. Anistyn was SO excited from the time she found out about it. She was overwhelmed with excitement when I told her that she gets to eat lunch at school every day once she starts first grade! Stockton thought it was so cool that he was able to go inside Annie's school. He was so proud to sit next to her and eat lunch. I loved every minute of it, but it also made me sad that in just a few short months Anistyn will be at school ALL day. I will miss having her around in the morning. And so will Stockton! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly our kids are growing up and how before I know it they'll be going away to college, getting married, and having their own kids (yep--can't wait for grandkids!!!). I only get to do these "firsts" twice, so I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it....while it lasts.....

4 comments:

Kate said...

Soooo cute! And please don't mention grandkids ever again, for about 20 more years. Thanks Babe.

Rachel Lovato said...

Oh girl...I can't believe our little girls will be away at school all day! They are getting so big. Well, I guess this means more time alone with our little guys...we ought to make it count, eh? LOTS OF SNUGGLING...he he he.

Marnie said...

That is so cool that they invited you to come with them. How fun for all of you!

Stacie said...

What a big girl. Truly - it is going way, way too fast.