Thursday, January 22, 2009

So sweet....

So, today I witnessed one of those moments that makes being a mom all worth it. I had just given both kids their lunch. As I wandered back into the kitchen, I heard Anistyn say, "Little Man, we need to say our prayer". They both folded their arms and she said a little prayer. She forgot to bless the food, but it didn't matter. It reminded me how sweet and innocent children are. It reminded me that I need to say more "little" prayers. She didn't ask for anything, just gave thanks. Elder Bednar gave a talk at the last conference suggesting that we all try to do this. So, today I think I'll take a lesson from my 4 year old and give it a try!

6 comments:

Julie G. said...

That is so cute! They must have good parents :)

Stacie said...

Love that. Reagan is always the one reminding me that we need to say our prayers. She's sitting down before me and waiting... then she announces that we need to say our prayers. I agree with Julie - Anistyn has some great parents!

Heather said...

This says something about the parents! You guys are doing a great job. Your kids are so cute! We love you guys. Oh, and your family pictures is way cute.

Jill said...

How sweet is that! They must have a great mom!

Shannon said...

Ohhh.. this made me cry.. she is so sweet...

Sherion said...

That is sweet. Looks like she has some good examples in her life ie her parents.