Saturday, October 4, 2008

Tagged!!!!

K--I feel cool. Someone finally tagged me! (Thanks Mel!)

3 Joys:
--when my kids get along and play nice together. Truthfully, this doesn't happen very often, but I guess I wouldn't realize it was a joy if it happened all the time, right??
--dinner and a movie with Kevin. I never realized this would be such a joy until our kids came along. Tonight after our kids went to bed Kevin and I went to the store together (For those of you thinking "they left their kids at home by themselves???" No--Shannon and Matt were home). Who knew Walmart at 11:30pm with no kids could be a joy.
--chocolate molten lava cake at Chilis. WOW. Haven't tried it??? Repent and go tomorrow.

3 Fears:
--my absolute worst fear in life is that my kids will grow up and fall away from the church. I can't imagine the heartache this causes a parent. I hope I never have to find out.
--that I will outlive one or both of my kids
--that one day I get a call from the FAA

3 irritations:
--selfish people. Especially people who are oblivious to those around them.
--people who smoke. People who smoke near entrances to buildings. People who smoke in the car with their kids. People who smoke....period.
--anything that repeats itself...especially songs. 80's songs do it all the time. You know, where the end of a song repeats the same lyrics over and over and over again......drives me INSANE!

3 facts:
--I am named after my Mom. Yep, my Mom is Rachel, too. Growing up my Mom was "big Rachel" and I was "little Rachel". Growing up I hated being named after my mom, especially when it came to answering the phone. "Is Rachel there?......"little or big?". ( : Now I love being named after my Mom. It makes me feel like we have our own little special connection.
--Keeping on the same topic, my Mom and I both are married to a Kevin. Yep, Rachel & Kevin and Rachel & Kevin. Oh ya, and don't forget Kevin's son, Kevin jr. Need some more confusion? Kevin jr married an Annie. It's true! You can't make this stuff up!
--If I could hire any kind of help it would be my very own personal grocery shopper. I absolutely HATE grocery shoppping. Even over a maid, I would choose this type of help. It doesn't matter if I have kids with me or not. Hate it no matter what the circumstance. Oh, and the personal grocery shopper also has to put away the groceries. That is just as bad as the actual shopping itself.

Now that you know me a little better, I tag: Stacie, Jill, Kelly, Kjerstin, Nina & Shelley.....and anyone else who wants to! ( :

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What we have in common:
80's (or any kind) of music that repeats itself.
Where we are different:
I would FOR SURE pick a maid over a grocery shopper! Maybe we should help eachother out!

Oh, and I did a "tag" similar to this awhile back.

Kelly said...

I love tags. It's fun to find out fun facts about you. My friend and I actually do a "Walmart Swap". I watch her kids on mondays while she goes and then she watches my kids on Wednesdays while I go. It has taken all of the stress and dislike out of grocery shopping for me (going with kids or having to go late at night to avoid taking kids) I always tell everyone about it because I think it is such a great idea.

Jill said...

Walmart can be a joy?!!!

Stacie said...

No fair - I'm horrible at these !!!!! OK - here goes:
3 joys: my husband, my kids, our families
3 fears: my kids getting hurt, all the hate in the world, the current financial crisis
3 irritations: people who lie, gotta go with smokers as well, having to sit for 6 hrs on an airplane to get to Maui
3 facts: I stockpile Lancome, I love a clean house, but hate to clean, I learned that running a 1/2 marathon really won't kill you (almost though)
People I tag: not fair - I didn't want to get tagged, so I'll have to not tag someone else.
Luv ya Rach!!!

ps - you can order groceries online from Albertsons and just go pick them up (or for a fee, they'll deliver)

Carly said...

Game on! I'll grocery shop for you if you do my dishes and laundry!!!

Barbara said...

Hi Rachel, love your blog will be checking back on a regular basis. It was fun seeing all of you las Sunday. Barbara

Rachel said...

Hi Rachel- I finally found your blog address. It will be fun to see all your pics and keep up on how you are doing. Thanks for taking in my homeless brother.....lol.