Friday, October 17, 2008

Are you kidding me????

Anistyn snuck out again today! Although, no dog this time. We locked the gates yesterday, so this time she climbed on top of the utility meter and jumped the gate. I had my bathroom window open while I was getting ready so I could hear her play outside. This time she waited until I turned on the hairdryer so I wouldn't hear her escape! Anyone else have a 4 year old who went from obedient to completely disobedient in one day??? HELP!!!!!!

9 comments:

Stacie said...

Uh ohhh - scary. So, just a thought - what about those invisible fence thingys? Then you can use it for Max, Dewy, Bella, Jackson and Annie. Or, what about the good ole "stranger danger" idea? Finally, how about no treats if you leave the yard or no movies or (insert reward here). Whatever you do, keep good notes 'cause I'll need them in another year :)

Kjerstin said...

The only solution I see here is NEVER DO YOUR HAIR AGAIN! :) Honestly, I have no idea what to tell you. She's going to give you gray hair, earlier than you thought!

Lee said...

Get the lock things that go at the top of your doors that you flip over, they are cheap and at Lowe's like $5. They will work. And yes this is Dallin to a T. I am so sorry. I once found him riding his scooter down the street in his undies with his blanket around his neck because he was Super Dallin. I also once found him in our neighbors home (and they weren't home) just wandering. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Okay, so Jill was very nice to not say something in her last comment about MY DAUGHTER the escape artist! I have the same problem, only Averie is 3 not 4!!! She is constantly sneaking over to Jill's while I'm in the shower and then totally lies to Jill and tells her I said she could come over! Wish I had some great advice for you, but I'm in the same boat!

Ali said...

Hi Rachel,

you are such a sweet-thing and are always leaving the NICEST comments on my blog--------I luv it!!! I am so glad we are able to communicate through blogging, and since I don't live in Utah, it makes keeping in touch with friends so much easier. Anyway.....its so fun seeing you and your cute family!

Alison (Roberts) Thomson

Kate said...

I have to say I loved hearing the stories firsthand from you yesterday! I'm glad she was safe. She's a cutie, even if she did just turn into a disobedient booger overnight.

Sherion said...

I have a feeling we are going to go through the same thing with Aislynn. We lost her in JC Penney the other day for probably twenty minutes. When I go after her, she thinks it's funny and she runs.

Anonymous said...

holy cow! This is why I look like a slob at all times, can't take my eyes off them.

ashley said...

what a tricky little thing! maybe a leash? tie her to the tree? ;) although i'm sure a knock at the door from DCFS wouldn't be the best thing.